Monday, October 1, 2018

Words of Wisdom from a Tricenarian

I recently turned thirty. (You call a person in his thirties a Tricenarian, for your informaion).

Oh it hurts to realize that. Not only because there will now be more kids addressing me with the dreadful 'aunty', but also that I may soon have to hit the beauty shelves to pick some 'forever young' face creams to lift my mood, if not skin.

Above all, I'm afraid I will prey some innocent beings reading this piece with my Gyan that's overflowing the thirty year old warehouse parked in my head.

Without further ado let's plunge into the pool of exquisite wisdom. ( But promise me you will continue to read me even after this piece).

#1- You are nothing. Don't believe me? Ok let me put it the other way. You are one in 7.6 billion humans present on the earth(This doesn't include the animals, aliens and extra terrestrial lives). Not yet convinced? Mathematically you are 1/7600000000000, which is close to negligible.

So there's no point giving so much of importance to yourself.
You got offended with some comment and are crying your heart out? Pointless. It's a less than a century old tenure to be spent here in this nothingness. Post which you'll die alongwith your tender emotions. And no one knows what happens beyond this life. So be a good boy/girl, live and let live.

#2- Stop judging others for the nothingness's sake. Ok okay. I too have judged others and been judged too several times. But the truth remains. Everyone else is a sinner till our own sins are caught. It's an art not to be judgemental when we see someone talking or wearing or walking or writing 'weirdly' (read out of our deciphering capacities). We judge and become prejudiced. Doing so makes us dull and non creative as we limit our words and actions within the boundaries of our preconceived notion. So, don't judge and degrade yourself.

#3- Accept. Accept yourself and your situation (Know what's and what's not in your control). Just like I have accepted my age (sigh). Because acceptance makes you strong to confront what's coming.

#4- Take care of your physical and mental health. Not only for yourself but also for your family that's directly going to be affected by your poor health. Know that an unhealthy body is a liability, howsoever dear that may be. I have seen my family suffer to the core while I was once lying on the cold ICU bed, hapless.

#5- Thank the creator and the life driver for this thing called life. Not every alien gets it. Thank everyone possible for enduring the weirdo you are. You may thank them mentally, without hurting your 'self respect'( read ego), but thank them with all your heart and mean it. Because as it is, by being grateful you invite good vibes.

#6- Invest in impressing a human only when you want to woo them. If there is nothing they can give in return of your impressing performance, you are wasting your effort.

These are the top six take away from the years I have lived. There are many more, but let's keep it short for now.

If you are still reading, I thank you with all my heart for bearing with my preaching. And I am hoping for the positive vibes already!

No comments:

Post a Comment